Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for the Academic Year 2015 in Bhutan
The UNESCO Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment (UWICE), Bumthang, Bhutan is pleased to announce the Madanjeet Singh scholarship for four years Bachelors degree program in Forestry to be undertaken at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan from July 2015 to July 2019.
The selected candidates each from SAARC countries are encouraged to apply for the program in their respective SAF country offices.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees
- Economy air travel from the scholar’s place of residence within SAARC to Bhutan and back (initial and final)
- Monthly stipend of Nu. 12000.00 based on existing SAARC scholarship rate to cover logistics and personal expenses
- Normal book allowance and printing allowances (Nu. 5000.00 per year)
- Establishment allowance of Nu. 16,000.00 and will be entitled only once in the entire course.
- Research for dissertation write-up
- In-country travel as per Royal Government of Bhutan’s existing rate (Nu. 500.00 per day while on travel)
- Be class XII pass with minimum of 55% in English and overall aggregate of 60% (English, Biology and two other subjects)
- Be fluent in English (both in written and speaking)
- Produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions
- Be below 35 years of age and need to submit the birth certificate along with other relevant documents.
- South Asia Foundation (SAF) office in aforementioned countries shall select one candidate each based on the eligibility criteria mention herein and the name of the selected candidates from each SAARC country should reach to the office of the Program Director, Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies, Lamai Goenpa, latest by 15th June, 2015 through SAF offices in respective country for further scrutiny and acceptance into scholarship program at College of Natural Resources. Should the documents be preferred to be sent via e-mail, it should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
- The final assessment of the selected candidates shall be done jointly by team of committee from College of Natural Resources and Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies.
- Based on the final assessment, candidate may or may not be accepted into the program if SAF offices of the SAARC countries have failed to follow the set eligibility criteria.
- The right of acceptance or rejection of candidates nominated by SAARC countries into the Forestry degree program reserves with the UMCSAFS and CNR.
- The letter of acceptance or rejection into the scholarship program will be sent to SAF offices of the respective SAARC countries and to the candidates for further conveyance to the individual candidate latest by 24th June 2015 via e-mail or telephone calls.
- All travel documents of the selected students should reach UMCSAFS office no later than 30th June 2015 to process for travel and other necessary arrangements.>
Document to submit
All candidates applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the SAF offices of the respective SAARC countries.
- Class XII Certificate
- Class XII Transcript/Marksheet
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- A copy of Citizenship ID card and valid passport
- Security clearance certificate from respective countries
- Medical fitness certificate from competent government hospital of respective countries
- Birth Certificate
- Contact: e-mail address and mobile phone numbers of the candidate
A copy of documents for the selected candidates should be sent to office of SAF Bhutan for final assessment and acceptance into the program. All the accepted candidates should produce original documents at the time of admission at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan
The scholarship for the Bhutanese
The scholarship to Bhutanese will be awarded to the candidate who secures 1st position in the selection process set by CNR for the BSc Forestry program.
- 15th June, 2015: All the required documents of the selected candidates should reach the office of Program Director, Madanjeet Singh Center for South Asia Forestry Studies, UWICE, Lamai Goempa: Bumthang. The document should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com
- 24th June, 2015: Candidates shall be informed on the selection results via e-mail or phone calls. Accepted students shall be informed on legal and travel documents required
- 30th June 2015: Last date for selected scholarship students to send copy of Passport and other required documents (will asked by UMCSAFS)
- 15th July 2015: Students should arrive Bhutan to process all immigration formalities
- 19th July 2015: UMCSAFS students travel to CNR
- 21st July 2015: Reporting and enrolment in College of Natural Resources
- 22nd July, 2015 : Orientation program